Applications for the 2017-2018 Academic Year are now closed!
If you are interested in applying for Fall 2018, please submit Form S!
Applications are currently only being accepted for a Fall 2018 start date (i.e. the following academic year), so use Form S.
If you are not eligible yet, but are still interested, consider submitting an interest form.
Steps for Joining as a Member
- Download the appropriate application form (from above) and save it to your computer.
- Fill out Section 2 with your personal information.
- Confirm your eligibility in Section 3. If you have not yet finished Physics 1A, consider submitting an interest form.
- Fill out Section 4.
- Form A (applications to the same academic year): look at the project pages and decide on your top 3 projects.
- Form S (applications to the next academic year): write about what type of projects you’d like to see us start in the Fall Quarter. We may use one of your ideas! See our current project pages for some ideas.
- Fill out Section 5. These statements will help us place you in the team that will help you reach your goals best, and help the team manager decide how to divide tasks in a way which is best for all the members of each team.
- Fill out Section 6, and tell us where you heard about Upsilon Lab.
- Make sure your application PDF saved all the information you wrote.
- Sign up for the mailing list.
- Email the application to email@example.com.
- Make sure the PDF has a filename of Member-Your Name
- Make sure the email has subject Upsilon Lab Member Application – Your Name
- A team manager will email you back when a spot which matches your interests is available. We will not email you when we receive your application until there is a position available matching your interests.
Application Policies & Member Responsibilities
Member responsibilities are outlined in Section 4.3 of the Constitution.
The official policies for joining Upsilon Lab as a member are outlined in Section 5 of the Constitution, as summarized below.
Order of Review of Applications
Applications are processed in the order they are received without exception. Members will be directly notified of openings on any project they marked on their application form, or similar projects if the catalog of active projects changes. This may result in members being placed out of order, but all applicants will eventually be placed in a team listed on their applications or similar.
Eligibility Requirements as detailed in the Application
- Be enrolled in Physics 1B or higher, why?
- Have a physics GPA of 2.0 or higher, and
- Have freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year transfer student standing, and
- Be declared as a physics, astrophysics, or biophysics major.