Applications for the 2018-2019 Academic Year are now open!
Steps for Joining as a Member
- Download the appropriate application form (from above) and save it to your computer.
- Fill out Section 2 with your personal information.
- Confirm your eligibility in Section 3.
- Fill out Section 4. Look at the project pages and decide on your top 3 projects:
- Fill out Section 5. These statements will help us place you in the team that will help you reach your goals best, and help the team manager decide how to divide tasks in a way which is best for all the members of each team.
- Fill out Section 6, and tell us where you heard about Upsilon Lab.
- Make sure your application PDF saved all the information you wrote.
- Sign up for the mailing list.
- Email the application to email@example.com.
- Make sure the PDF has a filename of Member-Your Name
- Make sure the email has subject Upsilon Lab Member Application – Your Name
- A team manager will email you back when a spot which matches your interests is available. We will not email you when we receive your application until there is a position available matching your interests.
Application Policies & Member Responsibilities
Member responsibilities are outlined in Section 4.3 of the Constitution.
The official policies for joining Upsilon Lab as a member are outlined in Section 5 of the Constitution, as summarized below.
Order of Review of Applications
Applications are processed in the order they are received without exception. Members will be directly notified of openings on any project they marked on their application form, or similar projects if the catalog of active projects changes. This may result in members being placed out of order, but all applicants will eventually be placed in a team listed on their applications or similar.
Eligibility Requirements as detailed in the Application
- Have freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year transfer student standing, and
- Be declared/intend to declare as a physics, astrophysics, or biophysics major.